Erin’s Holiday Survival Guide
Be patient with yourself first, and others second. Everyone is feeling it at decibel 100 and not everyone is good at even quiet small every day feelz.
Forgive yourself, already. Do it when you wake up. Do it at lunch. Do it before you go to bed. Spread some extra forgiveness on your fifth cookie, stir it into your eggnog. Forgiveness is a choice and requires practice, so practice on you. Coal in your stocking is so 2018! Trust me, you deserve it AND the shiny new toy you’ve been eyeing and yes, even the shoes.
Give a freebie. A kind word. A gesture. A smile. If you’re going to hug a stranger -ask first. Not as a moral imperative. Not because you need to start being a “good person”. Because it’s who you already are and you deserve to bask in the giving feeling that gets smothered by all the jobs, demands, and problems belonging to the whole rest of the year, that greedy bastard. It’s glow time.
Try to fit in at least one totally impractical thing that you actually want to do and makes you feel holiday-ish, even if it doesn’t scratch a single item of your holiday “to do” list, because a scorned and neglected inner child isn’t someone you wanna mess with during the most wonderful time of the year, cue tac on chair, glue in Susie’s hair, ant in someone’s pants. You get the drift.
And if you can swing it JOIN ME for my GIVING CEREMONY,December 21st, to experience a truly a simple but profound night of holiday miracles in action.
AND, from me to you, to lighten your load, please enjoy my heart-felt ideas and inspirations to help you feel amazing about giving on any budget.
The Gift Guide
Gifts that you can give for free.
Words, thoughts and ideas go along way and stay with us. They share meaning without requiring oodles of spare time, or ninja skills with a rolling pin and a meat mincer, or an endless supply of cold, hard, cash. Just find yourself some stationary, some pretty dollar store cards, or create an ecard and pick one or more of these themes:
- What I love about you or I love you because… because who doesn’t want to hear how and why they are loved.
- Favourite things about you… Your top 5 list of things you dig about your friend, or loved one, or teacher.
- I remember when… A small story or memory of a cherished time you spent with a loved one. Humorous or emotional, memories are the gifts that outlast their containers.
- Permission to… Sometimes the greatest gift is to get out of our comfort zone, limitations, responsibilities. A permission card is a thoughtful expression of caring. And hearing ‘it’s okay’ kinda works some magic on us.
- You deserve… When we can’t give materially, it helps to give our big wishes and intentions for our loved one. You deserve an apartment in Venice and an endless supply of marshmallows. That kinda thing.
Gifts for the inner child.
When you don’t have a lot to spend, or want a more emotionally impactful gesture.
Jello. Silly Putty. Poprocks. A Meaningul Toy. A shovel and bucket. Fingerpaints. A bag of candy faves. A beloved game. Admission to the zoo. A nightlight. Colouring supplies. A tub of cookie dough.
Gifts that nurture the soul.
An oracle deck. Soul Food Books or The Divine Mine or The Home of Om all offer an assortment of decks in the twenty dollar price range, that will help your friend or loved one feel uplifted through the holiday season and beyond.
A journal. A beautifully designed place to honour your thoughts, feelings and words is a treasure.
Reading socks and hot cocoa. Socks can be found at Chapters, that feel festive and furry on the feet. Add a GC for a book to up the time-out factor.
Wine and cheese. Or wine and chocolate. A great “mom downtime” gift! Add a Gift Certificate for a tarot reading to make it a “divine and cheese”.
A Lush bath bomb. Fun and festive – for a small price tag you give permission to indulge in some self care.
Fridge poetry. To nurture the creative spirit. Can be enjoyed solo, or with guests at your soiree, or by your kids.
Local Experts and Artisans
Gypsy and Jasmine The Goddess embodied in beauty and bath products that are natural and care for the soul and the earth.
Kristen Butler Boudoir She will capture your soul and the fabulous booty you’ve been hiding from yourself. A must for the esteem and the spirit of adventure.
Cory Baskin Painting Party Brings a light filled spirit to inspire and teach you.
Shona Rae Custom created Jewelry (Gift Certificate) A master artist and jewelry designer known for her brilliant, edgy, and beautiful pieces.
From my hood… Inglewood
Plant for tiny terrariums and personally created planters.
Kent of Inglewood for the luxury man-grooming experience.
Silk Road Spice Merchant for a sensually presented cooking indulgence.
Numerous craft breweries for a growler of a tasty new brew.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
From Erin Butler.Ca & Calgary Tarot…The gift of support, insight, and a little magic.
The Tarot Reading
- A gift certificate for a one hour reading, mailed to you or directly to your loved one’s inbox, or available as a certificate presented in a velvet pouch. $130.00
- 2019 at a Glance! A personalized reading of your loved one’s 2019; major influences, events and guidance, mailed to your loved one’s inbox. $85
- The Goddess. What Goddess archetype are you called to right now, what is her message for you, and how can you align your life with her teachings. $150 includes in person intuitive session, or $85 for a written reading mailed directly to your loved one’s inbox.
The BIG DEALS
- The 2019: Two Coaching Sessions plus a half hour reading over the course of 6 weeks to start the new year off with extra love, support and insight. This week only for $340 (50% off).
- The 2019 mini: A coaching session plus mini-follow up and mini-reading. This week only $180 (50% off)
- The Goddess Deluxe: A lavish basket of Gypsy & Jasmine Sustainable Bath Products; Two Erin Butler Coaching Sessions; and a Goddess Photo Shoot by Kristen This week only $600 (50% off)
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Solstice Blessings, Cheerful Time of the Red and Green Cup,
P.S. Let’s make 2019 your bitch with your perfect level of coaching support.
P.P.S. Goddess Class 2019 – your inner Goddess awaits you!